1966 Ford Mustang Convertible Restomod
Purchased by current owner in 1984. Originally signal flare red with black convertible top. Also factory equipped with a 289 V8 engine and C-4 three speed automatic, Power Steering and Power Soft Top.
Upgrades include but not limited to:
- 351 Windsor engine with Ford Racing GT40x aluminum heads, Keith Black pistons, Edelbrock manifold, Crane cam, Holly 650 carburetor. Dyno tested at 385hp (Completed in 2011).
- Transmission upgraded to AOD with Kevlar bands and heavy duty clutches (work completed in 2005).
- Fitted with a high stall torque converter driving a balanced aluminum drive shaft and torque-lock 8″ differential with 350 gears.
- Suspension has been upgraded to Mustang II front suspension with 2 inch dropped spindles (work completed in 2002).
- Rear suspension is 4 bar 4 link coil over system
- Body has been stripped and is now painted Torch red (2006 Ford Color) with black Shelby stripes (work completed in 2007-2008).
- Interior upholstery is new as is the convertible cloth top (not vinyl).
- Three row aluminum radiator, electric fan, new alternator, power steering pump, brackets, etc…
- All new wiring throughout car and everything operates as it should
- Newer AM/FM Stereo
Car has 108,170 miles, just 618 since the restoration was completed. Always stored undercover indoors. Runs very strong and drives wonderfully. Same owner for the past 36 years, clean and clear title in hand. Available for showing by appointment only.
Asking $39,900 and Open to Reasonable Offers. No trades please.